Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having a Slic3r/Repentier-Host problem

Posted by BobHewson 
Having a Slic3r/Repentier-Host problem
January 15, 2013 07:29PM
I have finally completed my Prusa/Mendel printer and have determined all runs, but the slicer operates using 3mm PLA as the default).

I am somewhat mystified by how Repentier-Host and Slic3r work together.

I am using 1.75mm PLA with a .35 nozzle.

When I run Repentier-Host 0.87 it has a built-in version of Slic3r. It seems somewhat limited in the parameters you can change as well as saving the unique config.ini file.

I have downloaded Slic3r 0.97 and set any relavent parameters for 1.75 filament and saved them. Saving requires a save of each set of parameters (print sttings, filament settings, and printer settings. You are supposed to be able to use the standalone slic3r with Repentier-Host if you put in proper locations in the setup for slicer in Repentier-Host i.e. the "Slic3r configuration directory" and "Slic3r executable". I assume these are the direcories that the Slic3r config is saved to and the directory that Slic3r runs from. By leaving these fields blank you can use Repentier-Host's built-in version of Slic3r.

When I do this I get the g-code file that is associated with "Slice with Slic3r" button is the default settings (3mm, not my 1.75mm settings). I've tried several combinations unsuccessfully

Can someone please explain to me how to do this or what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Bob
Re: Having a Slic3r/Repentier-Host problem
January 15, 2013 08:02PM
Repetier host does not have a built in version of Slic3r but rather you point it to your version (any version) that you have and it will go use it. As long as the saved parameters are saved in the default location (different for Windows or Mac) then they will show up in Repetier host.

There is a Repetier forum in the "software" section here. The author answers questions there fairly regularly so if you have any other questions that's a better place to ask.
January 15, 2013 09:12PM
Per the Repetier Git, it does come bundled with Slic3r 0.9.7. I can confirm that the most recent install on my laptop does include Slic3r (has been the case far the past few versions). The bundled version of slic3r is the same that can be downloaded from Git.

I can also confirm that I've had the same issues as the O.P. directing repetier to an external version of Slic3r does not appear to work. Definitely ask questions in the repetier section of this forum as well as the GitHub page for Repetier.
January 15, 2013 11:07PM
Thanks,

I will repost to that forum section.

Bob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login