Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printrun - Print in shell (command line) script

Posted by JohnnyDude 
Printrun - Print in shell (command line) script
January 20, 2013 01:27AM
I've been using pronterface for a while without problems. I decided that I would try to script running a print, but haven't succeeded yet. I'm doing this because I have a heated build platform that is externally powered. My script will A)Turn on platform cool smileyWait 10 minutes C)Print

It looks like printcore.py is the correct command-line utility to use. Has anybody used this successfully? Here is an example of what I've tried:

python printcore.py -b38400 -v -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/prints/thefile.gcode

My results are a mixed bag.
  • Sometimes it makes it to "Progress 00.0%", but does nothing. The hot end temperature never actually changes.
  • Sometimes it makes it to "Progress 00.0%" and then exits.
  • A few times I have tried using the command line interface, it has looped forever and spat out an endless loop of output. Among this was the error: No Checksum with line number

Considering that I've used pronterface and pronsole without problems, I am confused as to why I'm having any problems.
Re: Printrun - Print in shell (command line) script
January 20, 2013 10:03AM
I was briefly looking through the files trying to help you figure this one out. I don't know what exactly is causing your errors.

But I'm curious if you could do what you are attempting simply by appending some g-code to the beginning of the print in your slicing software?

Anyways, I couldn't find a useful manual or help file on printcore.py.

As a linux geek it helps to make sure file permissions aren't an issue. What happens if you run your command with "sudo"?

Other than that I really can't help, hopefully someone who knows the ins and outs of the command line variants of this package can help here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login