Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepstruder Question

Posted by mikh3x4 
Stepstruder Question
February 03, 2013 03:30PM
On many thingiverse pages I've noticed people saying "You're probobly gona need a stepstruder to print this". I have also noticed that their print quality seams far superior to mine on a MendelMax with a Greg's extruder. Is this because of the being better or my printer being badly calibrated?
Re: Stepstruder Question
February 03, 2013 06:17PM
Are you talking about something like this?:
[store.makerbot.com]

I wonder how much better the print quality is
February 04, 2013 01:34PM
Yes that's my point. Is the apparently better quality due to the replicator machine or because of the calibration of my printer. If its my printer calibrato. Is there anyway to improve it? I have done most of the things on the reprap wiki calibration page, and print quality is still funky
February 04, 2013 07:50PM
it's most likely that your settings need a little fine tuning , can you put up a picture of a "funky" print preferably high res,

if you'r looking in the direction of direct drive this maybe a cheaper/more relaible option [www.thingiverse.com]

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

February 05, 2013 02:40PM
Sorry for being so unspecific when describing the problem. It's not that my print quality is off It improved when it played with the settings as recommended), but the printed part don't fit together. On the calibration page it said it has something to do with the perimeter width, but playing with this setting I obtained no results and the part still seam not to fit. Im attaching a image of the V2 Pin connectors from thingiverse by tbuser [www.thingiverse.com]
Attachments:
open | download - photo (1).jpg (437 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login