Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A first attempt at making a comprehensive reprap 3d printing guide/infographic, feedback welcome!

Posted by Arvid 
Hey guys,

As I've never found a comprehensive start-to-finish guide on how to print objects, I made one myself! Though it is focused on musical instruments (becaus that is what I've been doing) it is just as good applicable for other types of objects.

[i.imgur.com]

Send me a message is you want the pdf/ai for printing or making derivatives.

Any feedback or comments is welcomed
It seems to me that ABS is more flexible than PLA.
I've mostly printed thin-walled objects, and the walls of the PLA objects were more easily bend than those of ABS objects, though the material might behave differently when printed solid. I was actually struggling quite a bit with this quick ABS/PLA comparison. If you could list one positive, one neutral and one negative point of each material, which ones would you choose?
Oops, I now see that imgur degraded the quality quite a bit, get a high-res PNG here: [dl.dropbox.com]
PLA main positives = less warping, lower temps, can be printed without heated bed, very hard
ABS main positives = better overhangs, flows easier, slightly stronger
Color is something that you have to take into account also. Different wavelengths effect the properties in the end state. Just something to consider.
I was wondering if I could use your start to finish guide on my blog and of course give you credit. I think it would be nice to give some people an idea of start to finish printing concepts. Let me know and thanks. Great guide .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login