Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking to buy a prusa Mendel kit in the UK

Posted by Ukrobotman 
Looking to buy a prusa Mendel kit in the UK
February 04, 2013 03:32PM
Hi folks, following on from cancelling my order for a makebot 2 this weekend and spending some time browsing this splendid forum I have concluded....
I want to build a Prusa Mendel, it seems to be a capable machine and upgradable in the future. Plus there's help on this forum if I screw up!!
I am uk based and want to buy a complete kit. I've found these guys..... Called Next Day Reprap.co.uk [www.nextdayreprap.co.uk]
Has anyone delt with these guys and have you any feedback??
Regards
Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2013 03:38PM by Ukrobotman.
Re: Looking to buy a prusa Mendel kit in the UK
February 04, 2013 04:41PM
If you want a mendel and you're in the UK, get it from the source: [reprappro.com]

Same price (not free shipping, though) for a machine you'll know is good with the added benefit that you are buying it from the guys who started the RepRap project.
February 04, 2013 05:45PM
There have been some negative reviews of www.nextdayreprap.co.uk lately. Things like not replying to emails.
February 05, 2013 02:21PM
Thanks guys, I checked out Reprapro today, good site and price is ok. I prefer to buy from people who know what they are selling.
Steve
February 07, 2013 04:03PM
I'm still trying to buy a Mendel kit in the uk
Reprapro.com are quoting 4 weeks for delivery
Nextdayreprap don't reply to emails!! I sent them a nice email yesterday asking what differences there were between their machine and Reprap Pro,s machine, how long they had been trading and could I contact someone who had bought one of their machines. They claim in their website they usually reply to queries within 2 hours!!
It doesn't look promising with them.
Who else in the uk has kits in stock that I can order and trust their is someone at the other end who replies to queries?
February 09, 2013 08:32AM
Did you consider Nophead's Mendel90? I'ts very good machine and Nophead's support is excellent.
February 09, 2013 03:13PM
Good idea, has he a website or how do I get hold of him??
Regards
Steve
February 09, 2013 04:23PM
Ukrobotman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good idea, has he a website or how do I get hold
> of him??
> Regards
> Steve

Just PM him here on the forum. Click here: [forums.reprap.org] and click "send a PM".

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login