Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first extrusion - prisa mendel II QUBD_extruder

Posted by Greenporcupine 
first extrusion - prisa mendel II QUBD_extruder
February 10, 2013 10:46AM
Hello ,
so I have installed firmware/software etc computer and printer are communicating well via pronterface but when I try and test extrude nothing comes out. I wanted to test first before callibrating just to make sure the extruder is working ok. Not sure if the filiment is catching ok. If I push the filiment from above it comes through the nozzle ok but when commanded - not. This is my first printer so it might be something really obvious.
thanks...
Re: first extrusion - prisa mendel II QUBD_extruder
February 10, 2013 01:35PM
Make sure that the stepper is wired with the correct pairs red/blue green/black . You should be able to look inside through the UHMW block on the opposite side of where the filament adjustment screw is to make sure the motor is turning.

Chelsea - QU-BD
February 11, 2013 09:46AM
Hello I checked the connections sem fine when I send the extrusion command it makes a loud fast heartbeat sound ...
Anonymous User
February 11, 2013 07:38PM
I agree with Chelsea. It may be a wiring problem. Double and triple check your motor connections. If a wire isn't making good contact, it can cause that "heart beat" sound you're hearing. The coils of a stepper motor work in two phases. Two wires control one phase and two control the other. Also, the motor could be over torqued. If you adjust the current settings on your driver, it might alleviate your problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login