Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer won't work ? Pronterfac Error ?

Posted by dldk1606 
Printer won't work ? Pronterfac Error ?
March 12, 2013 09:26AM
Hi,

I have a problem with getting my Printer to work. I build a Prusa i3 and I have a 650W PC Power Supply attached to a RAMPS 1.3 Board. The Power Supply puts out 18 A on 12 V and i think it's enough for the whole thing. I have one extruder attached, one Heatbed and 5 Nema 17 Steppers (1 Extruder, 2 Z, 1 X and 1 Y. I can set power to the board and i can connect to the board with pronterface. After Connection it puts out that the "Printer holds because of Errors. Fix the Errors, than restart the Printer". He is also saying that Max Temperature measured at the Extruder, but i am having the Thermistor attached in the right way and there is no warming up or heat on the printer as well.

Does anybody have an idea to this ?

Thanks in Advance

Daniel
Re: Printer won't work ? Pronterfac Error ?
March 13, 2013 01:12AM
I'm far from being an expert but to me it sounds like you may have your maxtemp set wrong in your firmware. This code posted here is part of my configuration.h file from my Marlin firmware. It seems to me that you may have it set somehow as your mintemp maybe? I got that same error you did only when I didn't have a thermistor plugged in and the error was mintemp, not maxtemp. This is one thing I would look at if I were you unless you already have. Hope this helps!
joe

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

// Actual temperature must be close to target for this long before M109 returns success
#define TEMP_RESIDENCY_TIME 10	// (seconds)
#define TEMP_HYSTERESIS 3       // (degC) range of +/- temperatures considered "close" to the target one
#define TEMP_WINDOW     1       // (degC) Window around target to start the recidency timer x degC early.

// The minimal temperature defines the temperature below which the heater will not be enabled It is used
// to check that the wiring to the thermistor is not broken. 
// Otherwise this would lead to the heater being powered on all the time.
#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_2_MINTEMP 5
#define BED_MINTEMP 5

// When temperature exceeds max temp, your heater will be switched off.
// This feature exists to protect your hotend from overheating accidentally, but *NOT* from thermistor short/failure!
// You should use MINTEMP for thermistor short/failure protection.
#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 275
#define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 275
#define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 275
#define BED_MAXTEMP 150

Re: Printer won't work ? Pronterfac Error ?
March 13, 2013 02:27AM
This is why I eliminated the "wait for temperature" hold procedure where it looks for the temperature to sit within a 1 degree of 3 degree C window before starting. Saves me hours a day on starts.

It is possible your XYZ is jammed against the endstop. Move them to the center manually.

After that check for short circuits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login