Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best way to get large print off of blue masking tape

Posted by hendo420 
Best way to get large print off of blue masking tape
March 19, 2013 12:09AM
I bought a cricket spatula for geting prints off of my bed. I broke it today -.- The prints are sticking too well... The small stuff pops right off but large stuff I have to work it for awhile till I can get it off the bed.

I would just print directly on the kapton tape but in trying to get parts off of the board im scratching my aluminum plate prety bad. I was also haveing random warping pringing directly onto the kapton tape. Also masking tape is cheaper than replacing the kapton tape every few prints because of damaged kapton tape.

Any suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 12:13AM by hendo420.
Re: Best way to get large print off of blue masking tape
March 19, 2013 03:02AM
get some heavy paper such as what is used in magazines, place painters tape on that, clip it down to the bed. it will allow you to lift up after print, and then peel the part of slowly.
March 19, 2013 03:04AM
You sir are a genius. I will try this on my next print.
March 19, 2013 09:22AM
If you have a heated bed, you can use this method.

1. If possible, remove the build plate from the heated bed.
2. Turn the heated bed up to about 80C for PLA parts. Wait for it to completely come up to temperature.
3. Put the build plate back on the heated bed for about 3 minutes, or until the bottom layers of the part begin to get soft.
4. Remove the build plate and place it on a firm flat surface.
5. Grip the part securely (I prefer to use channel lock pliers if they fit around the part) and remove it with a twisting motion.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login