Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another Newbie

Posted by mondo50m 
Another Newbie
March 31, 2013 06:52PM
I took the plunge today and ordered a MendelMax 1.5 kit. I have been thinking about doing this for some time. I am 62 years young and am pretty sure I may have some problems along the build. I have built my own CNC router and own a Laser Cutter. I am confident, after reading through these forums, that there is help for any questions I may have. I should have my kit by Wednesday or Thursday of this week. Can not wait!!

Milt
Re: Another Newbie
March 31, 2013 06:58PM
3D printing can be addicting. I suggest reading the forum while you wait and also check out [www.thingiverse.com] to see some of the things you can download and print.
April 01, 2013 07:01AM
Welcome Mondo, any problems, just ask smileys with beer
April 01, 2013 12:57PM
I have downloaded Pronterface, Kisslicer, and Repetier. Which one is the best and is user friendly? It is very important to me to be able to do the best prints possible. The wife took some time to get on board with the buy. Now, it needs to work properly. There are a million questions going around inside my head. When I get here, they disappear. Should write them down as I think of them. Oh Yeah! Does Ramps 1.4 use USB for communications? I have a laptop that does not have an RS232 port. My computer in my wood shop is already running my CNC router and the Laser. I want to use my laptop.

Thanks in advance,
Milt
April 01, 2013 01:48PM
Welcome to the forums my friend. If you ever need any help with your build just let us know. There are a lot of mendel Max builders here so you will be in good shape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 01:50PM by REPRAP SQUAD.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
April 02, 2013 11:29PM
Ramps 1.4 uses a type A to type B USB cable to communicate with the computer. (Yay! I know that one! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login