Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

confirm my parts list

Posted by sage19175 
confirm my parts list
April 04, 2013 10:52PM
Hi everyone, i'm new so forgive me if i don't know how to do things! grinning smiley
Here is my parts list for a prusa menndel please tell me if i have every thing, can go cheaper on anything or if any thing is wrong.

>lot of five KH42JM2 nema17 stepper motors from ebay=$43+$10 shipping

> hardware (rods,belts,nuts,washers and threaded rods)=$50?

> reprap prusa mendel Sanguinololu Rev 1.3a-- Unassembled=$34.98

>maker gear extruder=$75

>mechanical endstops=$18

>4 stepstick A4988 stepper driver module pololu-reprap,prusa,mendel=$38

>heated print bed=$28

>LM8UU plastic parts of ebay=$49.99+$12.35 shipping

The only thing i was wondering about was if my motors are strong enough they have 313mNm (millinewton meter) holding torque which converts to 31.3Ncm, (newton centimeter) right?
I know that they say the minimum for the extruder is 40Ncm but i am going with 1.75mm filament which should make it easier for the motor, right?
I have a 12v power supply from a old computer, will it work to run my printer?

Thanks everyone!
Re: confirm my parts list
April 05, 2013 01:34AM
Howe many amps on the 12v rail does your power supply run? Yes your motors should be fine. 1.75mm filament won't make a difference. Ii would recommend 3mm its easier to get and doesn't have as many problems. If you have the money I would go with RAMPS. ITS more user friendly and built better.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
April 05, 2013 05:11PM
I am attaching pic of the power supply. It is a little blury so here is what it says,

OUTPUT:300W
+3.3V 20A ORANGE
+ 5V 30A RED
+ 12V 10A YELLOW
+5VSB 2A PURPLE
- 5V 0.5A WHITE
- 12V 0.8A BLUE
PS-ON GREEN
P.G GREY

One more thing the motors have six wires comming out of them so that would make them unipolor but it said it is unipolor/bipolor. what does that mean? Can they be both?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0879.JPG (292.8 KB)
open | download - 196_0178.JPG (588.5 KB)
April 05, 2013 05:27PM
your power supply is more likely rated at 120ish watts. To find it take the 12v and multiply is by the amp 10= 120. Manufacturers often overstate their watts. 10 amps is too low. Try and stick with name brand power supplies if you can. Antec, cooler master etc. also an 203 w xbox 360 power supply will work well and they are only $5 or so. I have a right up on modding the xbox psu on my WordPress blog and the link is below. Yes a motor can be unipolar and bipolar. If it has an even number of wires it can be hooked up bipolar by using 4 of the 6 wires and there are lots of guides for doing this. I would reccomend reading through my or other peoples blogs as they have a lot of useful info on getting started. If you have any other questions you can get ahold of me on here or on my WordPress blog. Happy building my friend!!

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
April 06, 2013 12:19AM
Tank You!smiling smiley
April 06, 2013 02:39AM
you are missing your belts and pullies and your smooth rods!
April 06, 2013 02:56AM
"LM8UU plastic parts of ebay=$49.99+$12.35 shipping "

I recommended getting metalic lm8uu.. rather than printed bushings! i got mine cheap and they work really better -- not the best in the market but much better than the printed bushing...

P.S if you find someone selling u the lm8uu for 20$.. its most likely a rip off.. tell him to show you a picture of the bearing...
most people on ebay (reprap sellers) sell regular cheap bearings... so the 20$ can easily go down to 7$ instead
April 06, 2013 02:27PM
Oops! I ment to right Thank You!smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login