Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forum going down frequently?

Posted by cobrageek 
Forum going down frequently?
April 10, 2013 10:54AM
Is it just me or is the forum (and reprap.org) going down frequently? Like more than 80% of the time I want to reference material or ask questions it seems to be down.

Maybe it's a plot by my wife to get me off the computer and to stop working on the "project" :-)

I'm sure it's volunteer administered and probably underfunded so let us know if there are things we can do (or stop doing) to help.
It also makes me aware of how much I value such web pages :-).
Thanks for maintaining and helping with so much information.
Bret
Re: Forum going down frequently?
April 10, 2013 11:00AM
Its not just you. Ive been having the same problem the last few days. Rather frustrating but then we dont pay to use theses forums so cant really complain, but it would be nice if they worked reliably.
April 10, 2013 11:12AM
Skeleton crew maintaining the page, low cost server...etc. can't complain too much when it's free
VDX
April 10, 2013 11:13AM
... it's being handled, but can take a while to solve eye rolling smiley

We're eventually porting the forums to another server and hosting software ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 10, 2013 11:16AM
Thanks for the update Viktor. We really do appreciate all you do for the community. Please do let us know if there are things we can do or particular things which trigger issues so we can avoid them.
April 10, 2013 11:16AM
Is there a donations page to help pay for the costs? I'm very willing to contribute my time or money to help.

Fl0yd
April 10, 2013 11:52AM
Sorry, wasn't complaining VDX. Speaking at least for myself, I'm grateful for the work you guys put into reprap.org
April 10, 2013 12:37PM
Fl0yd
Is there a donations page to help pay for the costs?

Yes! On reprap.org's Main Page you will find a link to a Donation Page on SourceForge.
April 10, 2013 05:26PM
been on here over 2 years and never seen the donation button.
sorry.
now take my money and buy a new server.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login