Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel hot end temp issues, help please

Posted by Stevie_j1000 
Prusa Mendel hot end temp issues, help please
April 20, 2013 07:19PM
Hi,

I am a first time builder working on a prusa mendel with RAMPS 1.4, 100k glass thermister and I uploaded marlin firmware.

For some reason, when I load ponterface it reads room temperature between 100-110 degrees. When I try to heat the hot end it will heat to around 170 degrees, but that seems to be its limit. However, I do not have a laser thermometer to test what the real temp is.

I have checked the wiring and firmware several times and do not see any issues. Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Steve
Re: Prusa Mendel hot end temp issues, help please
April 20, 2013 07:23PM
Try swapping the thermistor connector with the heat bed thermistor (if you have on of course) and see what that reads
April 20, 2013 08:28PM
I swapped out both the resistor and thermistor before I posted. It still reads the same.

I have not set up a heated bed yet. I have a PCB heatbed MK1. But I was going to wait to set it up until I had the hot end working. One thing at a time.

I'll try to set up a thermistor on the heat bed slot on the board and see if I get a different reading.

Thanks.
April 20, 2013 10:11PM
Check the thermistor resistance while your at it - it should read about 100k ohms at room temp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login