Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Too much plastic sad smiley

Posted by Rooski 
Too much plastic sad smiley
April 22, 2013 05:14PM
so ive been messing around with my settings and trying to print the pencil bow from thingi , but no matter what i do i cant seem to get my settings right. steps and all that are good but the extruder extrudes too much plastic(im using repetier and slic3r) i have the mendel-parts v6(ithink) hotend with .5 nozzle and im using 3mm PLA. after 2 layers the nozzle ends up extruding too much plastic causing an overflow in fill areas which then it scrapes into on the next layer causing the part to come loose. ive tried setting the filament size a bit bigger than it is(so less is extruded) and a few other things just it still seems to extrude way too much. it also leaves the perimeter wobbly because there is too much plastic being extruded in the amount of z-space the nozzle moved causing plastic to overflow to sides.

So im wondering how can i fix this, and what settings contribute to how much plastic comes out of the nozzle ?

this is the best ive gotten it and it still overflows , im not sure what settings i need to change exactly to get what i need :\

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2013 05:23PM by Rooski.
Re: Too much plastic sad smiley
April 22, 2013 10:29PM
Follow the steps relative to the extruder...

[reprap.org]

[github.com]

[solidoodletips.wordpress.com]
April 23, 2013 12:11AM
thanks, I think its just the PLA im using , it varies between 2.57 and 3.12 mm :# so im going to order some good PLA and try again. ive been suffering from another problem though, it seems like after a few layers im losing some xsteps causingthe print to staircase to one side :\ its not due to motor current or belt tightness as ive checked and fixed bothbof those . so only other option is carrage getting stuck? cause I can hear the motors skip before it does this, and ive tried setting travel speed lower(30mm/s) and still had the issue.
April 23, 2013 12:41AM
Re: PLA - that is a huge variance in your filament. Mine only varies by +-.04.

Re: X issue - with the motors off (M84) can you freely move the carriage back and forth, or do you feel it bind? Double check that your set screw is on the flat side of the stepper shaft and tight.
April 23, 2013 12:27PM
it did kindof bind so I put some oil on the rods and its very smooth now. ill try the print again when I get the chance.
--------
it seems to be printing fine now , i think the pla bushings where just getting stuck causing the belts to slip or motors to skip. either way its fine now smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 04:40PM by Rooski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login