Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fan on D9 not working

Posted by Fri 
Fri
Fan on D9 not working
April 27, 2013 02:16PM
Screwed the fan wire onto D9 while printing and screw driver touched Q3....spark...
Not sure if I had power on D9 before that, but certainly don't have power now when sending M106 S255.
Everything else works fine, did I burn Q2? Any suggestions
Re: Fan on D9 not working
April 27, 2013 02:40PM
if it is ramps i think the mosfets handle up to 15amps. do you have seperate and connected power to power pins on ramps board. there are two positive and negative plugins.
Fri
April 28, 2013 05:52PM
Thanks James,
It's Ramps 1.4 and all four inputs are connected. I get 12v on both D10 and D8 when turning on the bed and the extruder,
but nothing on D9. What exactly do you mean with seperate and connected?
April 28, 2013 07:29PM
do you have power to both power inputs. there is a 4 pin connector for power. two are for positive, two pins are negative. they actually route to separate power circuits.

you can change the firmware in pins.h look for '== 34' board, so a fan pin exists, just comment out line for extruder pin, and instead assign fan pin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2013 07:32PM by jamesdanielv.
April 28, 2013 07:45PM
D9 is on the 5A power connector, so if the printer is working at all the fan should run.

It could be pin definitions, motherboard=33 puts the fan on D9,. motherboard=34 puts the fan on D4 (which doesn't have a mosfet but you could connect a sevenswitch to it) and the second extruder heater on D9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login