Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software ID'ing

Posted by mesquka 
Software ID'ing
May 06, 2013 12:35AM
Can someone identify the software used here?
[www.youtube.com]
Or any other software that can do this, I'm trying to get the fill, not just the outline.
Re: Software ID'ing
May 06, 2013 01:41AM
probably start by looking here.

it probably was converted to a file from an image.

most pcb software uses gerber format.

look at this link. lots of useful info here: [www.reprap.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2013 01:42AM by jamesdanielv.
VDX
May 06, 2013 01:56AM
... I'm converting bitmaps in Inkscape to vector files and then it's a matter of your CAM, if it's capable of hatching the inner areas or if you have to add this after ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 06, 2013 04:35AM
mesquka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can someone identify the software used here?
> [www.youtube.com]
> Or any other software that can do this, I'm trying
> to get the fill, not just the outline.

If you only looked at the author's other videos, you might see... he is using some sort of Python software. He may well have written his own, converting image to Gcode is pretty easy.

There are some python programs mentioned here [replicat.org], e.g. cam.py.
May 06, 2013 05:48AM
I can convert image to gcode fine, I'm just wondering whether there is software that can do shading, this is probably a better video of what I'm trying to achieve:
[vimeo.com]

I'm after something that does shading.

About the hatching, does replicat do that?
May 06, 2013 05:50AM
I ment skeinforge, not replicat tongue sticking out smiley
May 06, 2013 08:18AM
mesquka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can convert image to gcode fine, I'm just
> wondering whether there is software that can do
> shading, this is probably a better video of what
> I'm trying to achieve:
> [vimeo.com]
>
> I'm after something that does shading.

Ok, you need to be clear about exactly what you want rather than "does shading" smiling smiley

These types of plotter are "on or off", ie. the pen is down or up, I don't think there is a way to control the pressure.

The source image for Gcode conversion is a monochrome raster image, and the plotter just draws where the foreground is. If you put a fill, cross-hatching or dithering in the image, you will get those in the plot.

If you want to fill an area, just use the fill option in your drawing program. If you want to take a line drawing, and automatically fill areas, I can't think how you would even do that.

Perhaps what you are after is to start with a greyscale image, and have the converter automatically put in cross hatching to show intermediate shades. That is also rather more difficult.

Can you show us an example of what you trying to print?
May 06, 2013 08:37AM
OK, I have had an idea:

I have a greyscale image which I put through a photoshop filter multiple times, and output multiple images that have different darknesses. This is a bit hard to explain in text, but I have an image containing all of the area say 20% black, 40% black, 60% black etc. Now I use Inkscape to convert each to a vector image, import them to blender, and extrude each of them, with the lightest colors being the least deep and the darkest ones being the deepest. If I have a RepRap with the Z-axis disconnected, and print the image, then I should get the higher areas being drawn over more and hence be darker than the lower ones.

If I use a really light pencil, maybe a 2H, then I should get what I'm after right?
May 06, 2013 08:52AM
I am trying to print something like this:
[th07.deviantart.net]
VDX
May 06, 2013 09:32AM
... attached is a fast vectorizing result made with Inkscape - you can adjust the settings for different density or effects.

What you're seeing, are the outlines ... with a normal printer it would be much better representing the original.

This line-vectors can be exported to a CAM for creating G-code or plotting/milling paths ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Attachments:
open | download - katniss_everdeen-vector.jpg (228.8 KB)
May 06, 2013 10:19AM
May 07, 2013 05:47AM
Thanks for the links, I can probably do something similar, but I think I'll try the multi-shading part, I might even try swapping out different pencils for each different image and layer them an top of each other. Could even do colors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login