Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OpenSCAD in the browser - now with Dropbox integration

Posted by marcosscriven 
OpenSCAD in the browser - now with Dropbox integration
May 08, 2013 05:28PM
Hi all

Just wanted to mention I've added Dropbox integration to http://www.fabfabbers.com/openscad/

Now if you generate an STL file, you can send it to Dropbox just by clicking the Dropbox icon.

If anyone has any comments/suggestions for other features would be glad to hear them.
Re: OpenSCAD in the browser - now with Dropbox integration
May 08, 2013 07:06PM
thank you very mutch, l am looking forward to post my work on your site

as you ask for suggestions, i'am using astyle with java settings [astyle.sourceforge.net]
astyle --style=java --indent=spaces=4 --delete-empty-lines --mode=java --suffix=none "$1"

for formatting openscad code, i do not thinks that its really needed, it's your decision

another suggestion, a lot of people likes collection, it's like an add_iction, i have to see every new thing on thingiverse and collect if it is useful (even i will never print it), maybe this could be a hint to collect some heavy users

ps. the word add_iction (without the underline) does produce a message "A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators."
May 08, 2013 07:30PM
or syntax highlighting
[codemirror.net]

currently i'am using kate with c++ syntax highlighting for scad files
May 09, 2013 06:18AM
i do not know how often the others use netfabb cloud service to repair stl files, but i am using it on a regular basis (in average 2 time a month)

yesterday i tried meshfix, it is a command line tool. maybe a stl fix service could bring some traffic to the side
May 10, 2013 02:39PM
Hi Gerard

Wow - thanks for all the suggestions.

Re Syntax higlighting, I've found someone has already done this on GitHub: [github.com]. I'll try plugging that in.

Regarding STL repair, I think that's definitely worthwhile.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login