Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slippy GT 2 belts

Posted by Enlightx 
Slippy GT 2 belts
June 09, 2013 08:06AM
I've just upgraded my T2.5 belts over to GT2 as I read thre much better belts plus my old belts were binding n te bearing holder edges

Put them on but I finding that the belts are more rubber like the the sold t2.5 teeth and are such pulling out of the x and y belt holders when under presure

Any advise?

Currently using the prusa3 vanilla GitHub y belt holder and x carriage on the printer ad I took it they would be GT2
Re: Slippy GT 2 belts
June 09, 2013 08:20AM
The spacing between the GT2 and T2.5 is different, did you also put on matching pulleys?
June 09, 2013 08:34AM
Yeah got new pulleys as well

Problem is I make the belt tight and put it into belt holder then because of the belt tension it's slowly pulling out
of the belt holders.
June 09, 2013 03:35PM
Maybe a bit of acetone or glue can hold the two halves together. Alternatively you might want to try this other idea: [github.com]
June 09, 2013 05:02PM
Ohhh like that, hmm, yeah tighten it more! I have wrapped it around with one more loop and fixed the looped belt with a tie-rip.
June 10, 2013 04:02PM
yeah im using the belt guides

its pulling out were you attach it to the X carriage for example.

i get it all hooked up if i the press on the belt to check tension i can literally just pull it out of the x carriage grips.

It seems to work but if anything strange happens or after a lot of stops and starts i can see the belt getting looser and looser
June 13, 2013 03:32PM
Fold the belt over and use another clamp?

Stack three or more clamps as you interweave the belt through them?
June 14, 2013 04:42PM
i think its because iv using PLA printed parts and as PLA has a slippy surface there pulling free.

hoping to try printing out an ABS version this weekend see if it makes them better.

seems to work fine as long as you dont put any more pressure on them. but can be sure there slowley gonna work loose doing stops etc while printing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login