Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem printing tongue, has open spaces

Posted by virgodave61 
Problem printing tongue, has open spaces
June 19, 2013 04:17PM
Sorry for the crappy picture, but when I print the tongue I get hollow spots in the prongs and around the hole. I'm using pronterface with skeinforge. If you can help please be specific as I'm very new to this. Thanks!
Re: Problem printing tongue, has open spaces
June 19, 2013 04:18PM
Sorry forgot picture.
Attachments:
open | download - tongue.jpg (76.2 KB)
June 19, 2013 06:17PM
Decreasing the top/bottom extrusion width could help.
June 19, 2013 08:12PM
How do I do that
June 19, 2013 08:27PM
[wiki.bitsfrombytes.com]

look for

Infill Perimeter Overlap (ratio)

and

Grid Extra Overlap (ratio)
June 20, 2013 07:26AM
For slic3r commandline, perimeter-width is set with `--top-infill-extrusion-width`, or see the section 'Flow options (advanced)' searching the gui its under 'Print Settings → Advanced', the extrusion width section there.

The idea is that if the accounted extrusion width changes, it changes the path there. Not sure if that path then fills it up proper, but at least it has a shot.. You could set `--extrusion-multiplier` instead but that affects the whole print. 'The extra overlap' sounds better to me, but dont know of any such option in slic3r.
June 20, 2013 09:54AM
Thanks Jasper for the input, but I'm not using slic3r, like I said I'm using skeinforge. I'll try to Google it later and see if can find out how to adjust these settings.
June 20, 2013 12:23PM
The gaps in the prongs are simply because the filament width is too wide to fit any infill between the outlines. Use a lower layer height so that the width is less than 1/3 of the width of the prongs and then it will be filled. Also use a single outline for something that small.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login