Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using an Ibis hot end with a mendel

Posted by isotone 
Using an Ibis hot end with a mendel
June 27, 2013 05:14PM
Hi everyone,

Have now got our excellent Mendel90 built and running thanks to this forum, nophead and all previous iterators, we primarily bought it (aside from it being awesome) because of the ease of swapping hotends & syringes as we are planning to print a few different novel materials, I want to try some extremely small nozzles and the smallest J-head I can find is 0.35mm, but there are people (Jerril) making 0.1-0.3mm swappable nozzles for the Ubis Printrbot head, has anyone had any experience with these, especially outside of the standard printrbot setup?

What issues am I likely to run into with my Mendel if it is expecting a J-head? Better yet if anyone can link me to any 0.15 or 0.2mm J-heads that would be amazing.

Also, we are looking at recycling as well making our own copolymer filaments, so any links to re-extrusion resources would be most appreciated. The kickstarter ones are a way off still. I'm thinking about the cleaning, degassing, grinding & mixing process really. If needs be I will work on making our own in our lab and document it here, as is the spirit of things!

cheers! smiling smiley

Rich

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 06:25PM by isotone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login