Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 issues wich need your help!thumbs up

Posted by victorjung 
2 issues wich need your help!thumbs up
July 15, 2013 04:12PM
Hi, i have assembled my own design reprap wich is a classic design like the mendel. And i have some issues wich need you!
i am using marlin on a printrboard.
1) My geared extruder with a 59/11 ratio doesn't extrude enough like if i ask for 10mm i don't even get 1mm
in my configuration.h the hobbed bolt diameter and the ratio are defined. i will try tomorrow if it's ok if i put 11/59 instead of 59/11 it seems more logical.

2) x axis doesn't home. y and z works properly. x is the only one where the endstop (mechanical) is on the max side. this is why i set #define X_HOME_DIR 1 instead of -1 but it doesnt change anything when i ask for a homing in x it doesn't move and print x=0 on repetier host just like it founded that it was exactly on the endstop ... but it wasn't , and M119 command always respond the real state of my endstop...
thanks for your help!!!
Re: 2 issues wich need your help!thumbs up
July 16, 2013 12:37AM
No, not 11/59
Did you use the attached formula?

July 16, 2013 01:12AM
wich one?
July 16, 2013 03:28AM
The extruder one

July 16, 2013 10:53AM
i made a mistake in the density packing calcul seems to extrude what is asked. but now i can see that there is also the filament sliping around the hobbed bolt.
for the x axis i finally put it in the min position like the other tand it works
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login