Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

rapman stock parts

Posted by jahstice89 
rapman stock parts
August 26, 2013 06:54AM
hi guys, i have no idea if this may be a stupid question. i signed into this forum today. i was wondering where i can find cad/illustrator/technical drawings for all the rapman parts that are made from plastic. i want to cut a 5mm aluminium plate to substitute the plastic parts by stable and break resistant alu parts. but for that i need the dimensions of the original parts. does anyone know where to find them?? i have found a jpeg image on thingiverse, but without dimensions...it is attached for better understanding of what i'm looking for.

thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - 5mm_Sheet_display_large.jpg (131.4 KB)
Re: rapman stock parts
August 26, 2013 10:02AM
AFAIK, there is no complete set of design files publicly available for any of the Rapman series. There are some CAD files for an earlier Darwin version, but I think these are significantly different to Rapman. There are a few user reverse-engineered files around, with varying levels of accuracy.

Searching on thingiverse or at [wiki.bitsfrombytes.com] may give some clues. Depends on which Rapman and which part you are looking for. I have been reverse engineering some extruder parts in OpenSCAD, may not be much use to you.

I think there may be replacements done for most if not all of the acrylic parts, but these are not collected in one place. Perhaps if someone was motivated they could put together an "Open Rapman" design.
August 26, 2013 10:20AM
there are also 3 different thicknesses 3mm,5m, and 8mm if i remember from my build years ago.
August 28, 2013 07:17AM
hi guys, thanks for your replies! i just started building the parts according to the drawing i attached. i'm doing 2d illustrator vector files to be able to either lasercut or watercut it. i'm gonna attach them when i'm finished, maybe someone can use them.
greetings from germany
August 28, 2013 08:31PM
the drawings are still missing the bed assembly and the extruder assembly.

I'll see if i still have the downloads from 4 years ago.

this image will help you determine parts that are missing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2013 08:32PM by jamesdanielv.
Attachments:
open | download - Rapman-3-1-schema.jpg (330.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login