Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi from a new member and a question

Posted by andrewbishop66 
Hi from a new member and a question
September 01, 2013 06:50PM
Hi to all
been looking at which machine to build and have decided on the Reprap Prusa i3 single plate does any one know where i can find the drawrings of the bottom table so i can cut it out on my cnc mill.
Not worried about the upright plate as I have extruded aliminium for that part

thanks for your help as no doubt this will be the first of many questions

Andrew Bishop
Re: Hi from a new member and a question
September 02, 2013 01:48AM
this link here: [www.thingiverse.com]
contains a file that has dxf file format. I have not checked it for details but it seems to have a plate among other parts together.

if you can not separate the plate from the rest of the dxf, i can do so with software i have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2013 01:49AM by jamesdanielv.
September 02, 2013 03:16AM
thanks never would of found that just what i needed

Andrew
September 02, 2013 03:42AM
The original aluminum plate files are at Github. [github.com] is the latest version. If you are going to tap 3 mm threaded holes in an aluminum plate you'll need to reduce the size of the holes on the .dxf to 2.5 mm for the proper size to tap a 3 mm thread. The layers in the drawing aren't quite uniform with some elements being drawn on different layers. The file should open in most anything that can edit .dxf files and you can turn off the layers you don't need and erase the elements in the layers where both pieces share components. IIRC it's the holes that share layers between the two pieces.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login