Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Used PLA/ABS recycling service?

Posted by Yamster 
Used PLA/ABS recycling service?
September 04, 2013 01:54PM
Are there any service providers, to whom I can send my used PLA/ABS plastics (failed printouts, calibration pieces, and etc) and get them back in filament form?

Saving filament cost by doing that sure would be great, but even if the amount of the saving is moderate (or even none) it would make me feel good recycling something.

I produce quite a bit of waste - I hope the situation gets better as I become better at this, but so far I believe I've used up well over 80% of all the filaments on failed printouts or calibration pieces; I'm relatively new at this game, but I'm already half way into my second spool of filament. Unforturnately though, I have very few pieces which I can show for. LOL
Re: Used PLA/ABS recycling service?
September 04, 2013 02:23PM
I don't know of a service that does that but if you want to make an investment you could check out buying a filament recycler such as a Lyman or Filabot. It's no small amount of money but in the long term it can really save you money (and help you be green at the same time winking smiley ). If you check around locally there is also probably a plastics manufacturer that would be willing to help you out as well.

Through self sustaining actions comes freedom

DIY Tech Shop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login