Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DLP 3dprinter projector group buy(closed)

Posted by johnrpm 
DLP 3dprinter projector group buy(closed)
September 20, 2013 01:30PM
I am building a DLP printer, and have been looking at buying a projector without bulb (cheap) so that I can
hack it without worrying about cost,

remove colour wheel,
defeat bulb sensor
modiy lens throw
etc.

I have been in contact with a recycling company (I think) who have ten BenQ MP610 projectors, I'm still waiting
for more info, but is anyone interested in a group buy, we may get a better price, the specs seem reasonable
for a first build, then get a better projector at a later date if more resolution is needed,

By having the same projector we can share info and help each other, I have no intention of making money out of this, just a suggestion, this is just for UK folk afraid as it would get compicated otherwise, this may finish up being more trouble than its worth but if you are interested say so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2013 07:40PM by johnrpm.

Random Precision
Re: DLP 3dprinter projector group buy
September 20, 2013 01:35PM
I guess I don't follow. what good is it without a bulb?
September 20, 2013 03:05PM
I have no details yet of price or condition, only that he has them in a warehouse, but with no bulb I would hope
(expect) the price to be £30 or less, Hoping for £20, the price of a bulb, depending on model is between £70-£120
or more, if bulbs are present they will probably be near the end of life, so defeating the bulb sensing allows us to use our own light source.

P.S if you are intending to build a DLP printer and can afford a good projector, go for it, this is for those of us who feel physical pain when opening the wallet, and enjoy hacking.

Random Precision
VDX
September 20, 2013 04:57PM
... in another forum we had two group-buys of brand-new Casio DLP-projectors where the laser bank with the 24 laserdiodes was removed for selling them separate - this beamers are available in the USA for below USD20 in counts!

Here I've linked an image of the common piles of new but 'salvaged' beamers eye rolling smiley - [forums.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 20, 2013 06:57PM
VDX

Well done, put me down for two, thanks for that.

Random Precision
VDX
Re: DLP 3dprinter projector group buy(closed)
September 22, 2013 03:09PM
Hi John,

... as I already have enough of the Casios (and several other types) I don't have plans for starting a new groupbuy in the near future - the other two GB's were made by a friend in a German laser-forum, so some problems to overcome with importing from the USA (where this 'piles' are located).

Better try to initiate a GB for UK or search ebay for spare beamers selled as broken or lampless ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login