Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thingiverse Problems?

Posted by JohnSL 
Thingiverse Problems?
September 28, 2013 10:42PM
I'm having problems with Thingiverse and wondering if anyone else is running into these issues. Here is what I've run into, using both Internet Explorer and Firefox (on Windows 7):

* I can't download files
    * I can't see the other images that are part of a thing
    * I can't see the instructions

You get the idea. This was working recently. Everything seems to work fine on my iPad, but not on my computer. Is Thingiverse now limiting the browsers that they support? This is very frustrating. It seems really odd that I should have to use my iPad to browse and download files, and then somehow get them over to my PC.
Re: Thingiverse Problems?
September 28, 2013 10:54PM
If you are on a low resolution monitor, sometimes the download button will mysteriously disappear if your browser window is too narrow. I've had this problem using an older laptop running Windows XP.
September 28, 2013 10:57PM
The monitor size isn't the issue, unless you consider 1900 x 1080 to be a small monitor. I just downloaded Google Chrome to see if that would make a difference. Thingiverse works perfectly in Chrome, but not in IE or Firefox. Grump. I feel I shouldn't have to change browsers just to use Thingiverse.
September 28, 2013 11:14PM
Perhaps it was a temporary issue. Have you tried cleaning your cache?
September 28, 2013 11:21PM
Yup, looks like it was a temporary problem. I'd tried forcing a refresh earlier (Ctrl+F5 in IE), and that didn't help. Now everything's working again in IE and Firefox. Very odd.
September 29, 2013 04:16PM
I have had issues uploading things. I switch to epiphany(another browser) for it.

Also i kindah dislike how stuff works. Well almost all websites dont do it, but imo they should; provide a download that has metadata along with it. If you download it it should include instructions, license(yeah that one is critical) where you found it ectera. (Note i put a readme.md with such data long with it) Also just providing a git repo and directory (like fabfabbers) would be nices too.

Finally the thing tracker(started by gary hodgson) seems like a nicer way of doing things... Well it is the way of doing the internet right. A consistent well-populated search/browsing mechanism is the prime requisiste. This whole area needs some love.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login