Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody know if Marlin can control this configuration?

Posted by kilikili 
Anybody know if Marlin can control this configuration?
October 30, 2013 11:45AM
There's this new open source printer coming from Poland called the Mark34: [jelwek.pl]

What's peculiar with the design I noticed is that the x and y carriage seems to be driven by one continous belt. Looking closely at it the belt seems to wind through an 'H' configuration. With that said I can assume that the two motors driving the belts would contain both X and Y information to move in those axis respectively.

Has anyone else used this method? Can Marlin support this?
Re: Anybody know if Marlin can control this configuration?
October 30, 2013 12:27PM
there are several H-bot designs out there, what would be normal XY steppers are synced thru firmware to get X and Y motion thru a single belt in the H configuration.
October 30, 2013 12:44PM
See also this thread and this thread. I think the short answer to your question is yes. Look for "H bot" or "Core XY".
October 30, 2013 10:02PM
MattMoses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See also
> th
> is thread
and
> th
> is thread
. I think the short answer to your
> question is yes. Look for "H bot" or "Core XY".

Thanks for the links and info guys. It's very helpful. I never knew there was a printer called an H-bot literally. I really like the locomotion of XY using a single belt. Doing a bit more research I found the next printer to build, the Uconduit reprap which uses the H design. What's nice is it can easily scale up for a larger build area. At least that's what I think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login