Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dual Extrusion not centered, Instead its far left.

Posted by Aberrant 
Dual Extrusion not centered, Instead its far left.
November 07, 2013 11:46PM
I am trying a print with custom made support material. I am using a .amf file loading it into slicer within Repetier Host. I am running Marlin firmware. My X offset is 56.5mm for the nozzles. I have my print starting on the far left instead of being centered. I am not sure why. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Dual Extrusion not centered, Instead its far left.
November 08, 2013 07:04AM
Hello, I had this problem recently using Repetier host and slic3r.

The solution that worked for me was to remove the G28 command (homes the axes before the start of the print)

You'll find this in slic3r on the print settings tab, in the 'Start G-Code' box. I just commented it out by putting a semicolon at the start of the line. i.e
G28 ; home all axes
becomes
;G28 ; home all axes

you can also just delete it but i've left it commented for now because it's still there if i want to experiment in the future.

make sure you home your axes when you are actually ready to print though! I do mine before I start slicing.

I don't know why it causes a problem when asked to do it automatically if it works fine when you home the axes manually confused smiley

Tom
November 08, 2013 10:26AM
Thanks Tom! I will give that a try today after work. My start code seems redundant, but it is what I was told to use by the company who sold me the printer. Here is the custom Start g-code.

;(beginning of start.txt)
G90; (Absolute Positioning)
G28; (Homing back to X, Y and Z zero endstops.)
G92 X0 Y0 Z0; (set origin to current position)
G91; (Set to Relative Positioning)
G28; (Homing back to X, Y and Z zero endstops.)
G90; (Set to Absolute Positioning )
G92 E0; (zero the extruded length)
;(end of start.txt)

Would you recommend that I remove both G28 home codes?
November 08, 2013 03:48PM
to be honest i'm not sure, personally i would. I don't know why its setting the positioning from absolute to relative, and then back to absolute though confused smiley
good luck!
November 09, 2013 03:16AM
T0mmm
to be honest i'm not sure, personally i would. I don't know why its setting the positioning from absolute to relative, and then back to absolute though confused smiley
good luck!

I wondered the same thing. I'll ask and see if there is a reason. Also, I find it odd that the homing causes an issue. Homingis usually sstandard to add into the prefix g-code. Thanks for the tip. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login