Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WHERE AM I GONNA MOUNT END STOPS AND FLAGS???

Posted by Levent 
WHERE AM I GONNA MOUNT END STOPS AND FLAGS???
December 11, 2013 09:18PM
Hi. ıt's Mendelmax 1.5 and I just want to know where am I gonna mount them. And of course I'll need a single picture of them so I can easily mount. And my end stops are not mechanical I think. Opto End Sticks or somethink like that I dont know.
Re: WHERE AM I GONNA MOUNT END STOPS AND FLAGS???
December 11, 2013 10:54PM
You should see with your vendor assembly manual or contact him directly. It is pretty hard for us to answer without pics.
December 12, 2013 01:07AM
I guess as a general guideline, the x-axis endstop should be at the left, y-axis endstop should be at the end nearer to you and the z-axis endstop should be at the bottom of the carriage. Endstops are used to tell the machine where the ends are so they can be pretty much be anywhere and really depends on the make and model like what woodencase said.
December 12, 2013 04:44AM
No. That causes an inverted cartesian coordinate system, which causes mirrored prints.

Xmin: left
Ymin: back (causes nozzle to end up in your end of the bed)
Zmin: bottom
December 12, 2013 05:25AM
"No"..........

put them wherever you want, it's how the firmware is setup that matters spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
My endstops are Xmax, Ymin and Zmax eye rolling smiley
December 12, 2013 06:46AM
So I'm still stuck. Only picture talks grinning smiley
December 12, 2013 09:41AM
Although I admit that you are right T0mmm, I have to say, great job confusing people.

The standard reprap configuration is endstops in the minimum positions, like I earlier wrote. Just do it like that, Levent.
December 13, 2013 06:11PM
It's megatronics v2 by the way. Mendelmax 1.5 and end stops are optical. If there will be a photo or drawing where am I going to attach? My problem is where am I gonna mount on that will be more helpful. Thanks to everyone.
December 13, 2013 07:17PM
I feel for you Levent. Here is the thing, there is no one right place. FIrst off not that many people use optical end stops so it's not common. Next any place that you can mount it that the flag will break the light at the end will work as long as it's not in the way of any moving parts.

I assume you bought a kit?? If so then ask the person you got it from, they would have thought that out already. If you are just building one from scratch then look at photos online of where a mechanical end stop goes and improvise. Also look through Google images for them (that is where I got the link below from).

I don't own a Mendal or I could suggest a place to mount it. Part of building a machine yourself is figuring this stuff out on your own, if you know what the end stop does, know what it needs then you can figure out a good spot to mount it, like I said there are no specific rules or places.

[thingiverse-production.s3.amazonaws.com]
December 19, 2013 08:57AM
Thanks. I have handled it winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login