Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hotends.com review

Posted by zomie 
hotends.com review
February 01, 2012 02:20AM
Well I have ordered from them twice and they have always had amazingly quick shipping.

The second one I ordered was a Mark IV Jhead .5mm nozzle for 1.75mm filament. I installed the hotend and the filament kept stripping and the flow rate even when reduced really low wouldn't feed right. I emailed them asking for advice on how to repair the hotend or for help to see if I had installed it incorrectly.

They replied back less then 8 hours later and said since I was having problems they would mail me a fresh hotend the next day. Sure enough the darn thing worked right out of the box and I was back up a couple days later.

Well you can't argue with that kind of customer service. They did everything right.

I will be doing business with them again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2012 02:21AM by zomie.
Re: hotends.com review
February 01, 2012 11:14AM
i recently ordered a J-Head MKIV-B for 3mm filament from him as well. Excellent product, fast shipping, couldn't ask for anything more. I'd recommend it to anyone. The J-Head is by far the best performing hot end I've seen (in person) as well. The site says you can't extrude PLA without a fan however I've had no problems at all with it. It oozes a bit, but not enough to cause any problems.
February 01, 2012 02:34PM
Same thing here, ordered a J-Head MKIV-B, arrived a couple of days later, looks good! Incredibly fast shipping, haven't installed it yet though! So far very pleased smiling smiley
February 01, 2012 03:51PM
I tried to add a review to their site, but it doesn't seem their review system is working. Anyway, mk-IV, works great, no complaints.

Actually one thing i've wondered about it sliding straight pieces of copper wire through the holes on the upper PEEK part, as a poor-mans heat sink. The simple test i did (just sliding the wire in) shook the wire out pretty quickly when printing, so I'll need a way to secure them in place (non-permanent).

Edit: I am also a bit shocked that hotends.com wasn't already registered as an adult website grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2012 03:54PM by Buback.
February 01, 2012 07:47PM
I have been supplying their Mk4B hotends in my kits I sell as they are excellent and Brian does a fantastic job of both manufacture and marketing of his product. Even if I can't pronounce his surname properly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2012 07:48PM by NelsonRap.

February 02, 2012 07:05PM
Love it.
January 02, 2014 11:56AM
Excellent respond to email!!!
purchase 2 extruder hot end 6mth back, and still good support.

Setup: SD3, 1.75mm ABS.
January 02, 2014 12:15PM
I have bought two Mk V-BV jheads from hotends.com. They are a bit pricey delivered here to the UK at around 50 GBP each.

But, after struggling with a QU-BD extruder, the jheads are worth every penny. They just work!

I use small fans on the peek bits on mine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login