Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funky Prints (Image)

Posted by kfootball15 
Funky Prints (Image)
January 03, 2014 11:32AM
I finally switched from a white PLA to a color (blue), and my prints went from perfect to very sloppy.

It appears almost melted. Is my hotend temp now too high? (around 188). Do different PLA brands or colors have different qualities to them? This is my first time getting PLA outside of the brand I used to get from, and I used to only buy white so I could paint them.

Thanks for any help solving this problem!

Thanks,
Jeff
Attachments:
open | download - photo (2).jpg (229.3 KB)
Re: Funky Prints (Image)
January 03, 2014 11:35AM
its a very small object to print. Do you have the same problem printing larger items? Do you have a cooling fan?
PLA is very sensitive to heat. Idealy the previous layer wants to be cool before printing the next or it just pushes its self about.
January 03, 2014 01:38PM
lazzymonk
its a very small object to print. Do you have the same problem printing larger items? Do you have a cooling fan?
PLA is very sensitive to heat. Idealy the previous layer wants to be cool before printing the next or it just pushes its self about.

Its not quite so bad but yes, similar issues.

I have a cooling fan that currently doesnt work. I never bothered to fix it because prints still came out perfectly. Do you think this is the issue?
January 03, 2014 01:48PM
Hey,

I would say the Hot end too hot for such a small print. What you could do is slow down the perimeter movements and also lower the hot end temp.

Which hot end are you using out of interest?

NFireLabs - The World First Modular 3D Printer - At An Affordable Price!
January 03, 2014 02:10PM
Cooling fan, was also my first guess. I guess this topic belongs in the 'Printing' part of the forums?

Fix your fan! It will fix it 95% sure!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login