Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LCD Display on Rambo

Posted by Fri 
Fri
LCD Display on Rambo
January 02, 2014 07:59AM
I have a Rambo board and a discount lcd display and I cannot get the display to work.
I tried it on other rambos from friends and it worked just fine. I did all the firmware settings, only thing
I am not sure is the arduiono pins.c file. Since I am using Arduiono 1.0.5, that file does not excist. I tried
installing an older arduino version 0023 changed the pins.c file and uploaded the firmware again, with the same result.
The display shows two rows of "white" rectagles, the buzzer works and the sd card gets mounted, but as soon as I rotate
the control knob, the x asis starts moving (clicking) in small increments away from home.

Anybody having similar issues?
Re: LCD Display on Rambo
January 03, 2014 01:59AM
it is likely that the incorrect display type is enabled. can you upload your firmware in a zip file, and also provide us all with the exact type of lcd display you are using. a web link would be preferred, but a part number would work as well.
January 03, 2014 08:55AM
I just fixed that issue actually earlier this week!
[coherent-reprap.blogspot.com]
They renamed the pins file to pins_arduino.h. I have a link there to the correct pins file. This is my modified firmware that you could start with:
[github.com]
Good luck and let me know if you have more issues.
Fri
January 04, 2014 10:56PM
Thanks Guys, will check this tomorrow and get back.
I appreciate your help very much.
Fri
January 05, 2014 10:53AM
That did it! Thanks guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login