Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa Mendel 2 kit question

Posted by mrstuky 
Prusa Mendel 2 kit question
January 13, 2014 10:18PM
Hello guys I am new here. Over a year ago i decided I wanted to build my own 3d printer. 1 Year ago I got a the printed parts, and all of the bearings. Today I decided I would finally finish my project lol anyway, can you guys give me feedback on this kit?

[www.amazon.com]

Or would it be best to just find all the parts on their own cheaper? How what about the RAMPS 1.4 would you guys recommend this company? Or what kind fo RAMPS should I get. I'm using this link to get all my parts together [reprap.org] and it states that it needs 16-tooth pulleys or 12 tooth, would a 20 tooth pulley work?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 10:22PM by mrstuky.
Re: Prusa Mendel 2 kit question
January 13, 2014 10:31PM
it will get you printing. that is a start.

the heated bed will need to be changed out, and the motors replaced for faster ones, but that can be done later.

are you a vendor for this product? do you want advice for use of better components??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 10:31PM by jamesdanielv.
January 13, 2014 10:33PM
I'm no vendor. I'm just trying to build my printer and I have found couple kits online but I'm unsure about them. Could you please advise on better components to use? Rather buy something that will last rather than something that will need upgrades later.

Also found this one.

[www.amazon.com]

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 10:34PM by mrstuky.
January 13, 2014 11:29PM
if you want what is best you will need better parts. if you don't want to worry about upgrading again later, then spend the money and get the motors separate, get genuine polulu drivers, and genuine arduino mega 2560 board.

the second kit contains an iduino? i have never heard of before, it is probably an imitation arduino. there have been issues with capacitors and trace routes on non standard arduino pcb boards before. take the risk if you want to, but I can't recommend something like that to someone. worst case you will blow your computer usb port, best case would be greater noise on adc lines.

others may have better experience with cheaper parts, so don't just take my opinion on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2014 11:30PM by jamesdanielv.
January 14, 2014 03:45AM
Great! Thank you. Found a genuine arduino board for cheap, and I'm also getting genuine drivers. I have one final question. How do these motors look like?

[www.ebay.com]

they seem too good to be true. And the connector used to connect the motor to ramps is the same one? Or do i have to make my own? I'm comparing those with these used ones. Which ones would work best? Or could you link me to some good motors.

[www.ebay.com]

Thanks
January 14, 2014 09:12AM
the specs on these motors is here: [www.automationtechnologiesinc.com]

the connectors are 750mm long, so 75cm with the 4connector hook up, which should be long enough. looks like the motors should work ok as long as they are to the specifications provided by the vendor.

I've actually bought laser tubes from this vendor. they ship quickly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2014 09:16AM by jamesdanielv.
January 15, 2014 10:38PM
Great thank you. Would a higher tooth rate for the pulleys work? The wiki says 16 is recommended but would 20 tooth work?

Thanks
January 16, 2014 01:09AM
I would stick with what is recommended.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login