Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.4 not powering on? Please help!

Posted by funnytrash 
RAMPS 1.4 not powering on? Please help!
February 01, 2014 10:55PM
Hi Reprappers,
Everything was going along smoothly when testing my i3 but when handling one of my mechanical endstops, the pins on the pcb that the end stop was attached to accidentally brushed against one of my smooth rods and then suddenly everything turned off.

As of right now the lcd screen/thermistor and all still power up via usb to the arduino but with just my 12V power supply, the lcd does not turn on nor do any of the LED's on the RAMPS. Of the 4 LED's, only my LED 1 is on, and even then its a very faint light thats blinking. I took a voltmeter to D2 and its showing up as 12 V but when i take the voltmeter to D1 its showing up as 1.64V. Can anyone please help? I dont know which fuse I blew or if i just fried the board. All i know is that my vcc and ground probably shorted from my endstop.

Thanks!
Re: RAMPS 1.4 not powering on? Please help!
February 02, 2014 12:21AM
Okay. just kidding. Found my answer. Turns out, I fried my atmega 2560. angry smiley oh well. thanks guys!
Re: RAMPS 1.4 not powering on? Please help!
February 03, 2014 01:16PM
A mechanical endstop should not have any power present used in it, from reading I guess the pins where the endstop plugs into touched the smooth rod and you shorted the 5v pin to a ground or signal pin used for the endstops? If so, probably just broke a power regulator or something simple.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login