Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Edge of print not smooth

Posted by ayouden 
Edge of print not smooth
February 02, 2014 12:47PM
Hey,

I have been having issues with my Y-axis and it putting layers bang on-top of each other.

To try and correct this I have tightened my GT2 belt, made print quality really high, configured extrusion multiplier so it is bang on and made sure my hot-end temp. is hot enough.

Are there any other settings I can alter to try and fix this problem?

On other prints they are even more random, this image shows what I mean the best I feel.

For the record, my X-axis prints perfectly, no issues at all!

any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Alex

NFireLabs - The World First Modular 3D Printer - At An Affordable Price!
Attachments:
open | download - edge smoothness.jpg (593.9 KB)
Re: Edge of print not smooth
February 02, 2014 02:33PM
Looks like Z wobble to me. Do a search for that on the forum as it's been discussed many, many times.
February 02, 2014 04:21PM
It may also be over-extrusion? But it's a shot in the dark, we would have to see more pictures of the prints and not just the side, but also the other areas, it makes it easier to spot irregularities smiling smiley
February 03, 2014 02:04AM
It looks like something might be mechanically loose, perhaps the gear, motor, idler or belt in one of the x or y axis. If you meant that the side along the x axis is smooth, but the side along the y axis is rough, then that means that something maybe loose in the x axis.
February 03, 2014 09:29AM
+1 on brnrd; the overstep is uneven and layers are not sinusoidal like a typical wobble would be. I would bet that the nozzle hot end wiggles freely, or that the belt is loose on x axis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 09:30AM by jamesdanielv.
February 05, 2014 02:09AM
FIXED!!!

so the reason for this happening was that my glass bed, was sliding on my MDF board.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login