Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MultiColor Nozzle

Posted by ngkee22 
MultiColor Nozzle
February 23, 2014 12:56PM
I've been exploring an idea on how to create a nozzle that will mix three colors to produce new colors. Bascially mix red, blue, & green, to create the color you want. I have seen one other design that is somewhat capable of this, but I had another idea in mind I wanted to try. So before I get carried away, I thought I would poll the RepRap community and see what everyone thought. This is also going into a college engineering project, so as many responses as I can get would be very helpful.

• Is a printer nozzle that is capable of mixing 3 primary colors to produce other colors of value in the DIY 3D printer market? What are you opinions on this idea?
• How much would you pay for a device like this? (Nozzle Only) $200? $150? $100?
• What do you currently use? Nozzle/size? Extruder? Printer Foundation? Filament Size?
• What would you want to change about your current 3D Printer nozzle or extruder setup?
• What other aspects beyond the nozzle and extruder units would you like to see upgraded or redesigned on your personal 3D Printer?
This last questions is for me to see what other things people would like to change on their 3D printers. Basically a what if you could have anything you can imagine question.
Re: MultiColor Nozzle
February 23, 2014 01:00PM
February 23, 2014 08:04PM
Well, that is kind of what I am doing. I have seen some other designs, but I'm looking into my own solution.
February 24, 2014 05:54PM
Please leave a few comments. I've doing this for a college project. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks
March 03, 2014 10:27AM
I'm working on a mixing-nozzle for up to three bowden "injectors" and one central heatblock with a single mixing chamber. I'd like to have a result which is reliable, maintainable, and lightweight (for faster printing - the cold end extruder shouldn't be on the moving part). When thinking of one single nozzle there's always a small con, because of the single temperature which makes the (parallel) use of different materials almost impossible.

have fun with your college project and please keep us informed about your progress!

Lutjanus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login