Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vagler V811

Posted by Uncleahpek 
Vagler V811
March 03, 2014 04:46AM
I just saw this on a Facebook advertisement. Not sure if anyone has seen this or know any information about it.

[www.vagler.com]

[www.facebook.com]

It looks like a new printer with better resolution than a Stratasys and selling even cheaper than an UP. Sounds really over the top.
A2
Re: Vagler V811
March 03, 2014 05:00AM
Doesn't look like they have built one, all the images are renderings.

Looks like the software has a few nice features.

Intelligent Resolution Management
Vagler 3D printers employ 2 strategies to ensure that you can enjoy the best possible output quality whilst reducing total print time to the bare minimum. The first of these is Intelligent Resolution Management. So you’d like to print at 50 microns to achieve the best possible surface quality, but don’t want to waste time printing the infill at 50 microns since no one will ever see it? Vagler’s Sapphire software is able to intelligently print different parts of the print at different resolutions to ensure that enjoying the ultimate in 50 micron print quality doesn’t mean you need to wait an age for it. Take full control of your prints by printing external perimeter shells at 50 microns, but internal infill at 200 microns, reducing print time dramatically.

Variable Speed
In tandem with Intelligent Resolution Management, our Sapphire software is also able to make smart use of print speed so that the outermost perimeters, top and bottom external surfaces are printed at a slower speed to produce silky smooth exteriors, while printing unseen shells and infill at higher speeds. Now you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

First Layer Optimisation
Good adhesion to the print plate is essential for a successful print, and there is nothing worse than a print that comes unstuck from the build plate halfway through a print wasting time and material. Sapphire automatically optimises the first layer print to ensure good adhesion to the print plate by making the first layer thicker and heavier than other layers, promoting a good strong bond, whilst ensuring that the object can be removed from the plate later on in one piece.

[www.vagler.com]
March 03, 2014 05:15AM
I read all the details too. Sounds overly promising.

I also noticed they used a skull model on one of their pages. I recognised that skull model from a kickstarter project using SLS to print by an artist. Wonder if these guys got their bearings right. Things don't seem to add up on their page and marketing material. Will wait to see what they come up with by March....
March 03, 2014 01:24PM
With the exception of "resolution management" we are already doing that with kisslicer or sli3r.

"resolution management" is something that our sli3rs could easily manage. If we wanted to take that to another level you could use 2 print heads with 2 different nozzle sizes to really take that to the extreme. I am not so sure you will see a huge reduction in print time however.

WWW.ZATOPA.COM - Your Place for high quality 3D Printing Filament and accessories
March 04, 2014 02:27AM
Hi All,

We have spent the last 2 years in research and development, and our finished product is now in the final stages of manufacturing.

We do have several finished printers at our offices with which we are providing daily demonstrations now.

If you would like to book an appointment, please email marketing@vagler.com, and we will be happy to demonstrate our printers working in a "real world" environment!

Best regards,

VAGLER

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 02:58AM by VAGLER.
March 04, 2014 03:04AM
Hi there,

Here's a picture of our printer in action.

More live material will be posted to our website soon!

Thanks,

VAGLER
Attachments:
open | download - photo4.JPG (391.6 KB)
March 04, 2014 08:46AM
I think Uncleahpeak and Vagler are working together winking smiley

Uncleahpeak registered 2 years ago, only 4 posts? And then VAGLER states that they started working on the machine 2 years ago hehe. Or am I just being suspicious?
March 04, 2014 09:11AM
Unfortunately we haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, but we love that people have started discussing our printer(s)!! smiling smiley
March 04, 2014 09:57AM
Uncleahpek
I read all the details too. Sounds overly promising.
I don't know. With print speeds of 100mm/hr for the V821, I don't think that's promising very much. There's also discrepencies between the features and specifications for the build platform size. Yeah it's little stuff. But it still reflects poorly for a product that otherwise looks nice, but isn't all that remarkably different then all the other 3D printers out there. We'll can call Vagler the Apple of 3D printers...paying a premium for something that you can get better, cheaper, elsewhere. But it looks purdy (if that's your thing).
March 04, 2014 11:57AM
Ohmarinus
I think Uncleahpeak and Vagler are working together winking smiley

Uncleahpeak registered 2 years ago, only 4 posts? And then VAGLER states that they started working on the machine 2 years ago hehe. Or am I just being suspicious?

from what i can see something about the whole thread from start to finish is fishy, we're keeping an eye on it,

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

A2
March 04, 2014 07:36PM
Vagler is based out of Malaysia.
Admin are both IP addresses from Malaysia?

Trends: Now you can make anything
...the 3D printers also come with Vagler’s proprietary technology called Sapphire

...“However, we are more than happy to be involved in the debate of the pros and cons of 3D printing and on views of what is feasible and enforceable in such activities.
There is a technology that can make each prints traceable and we can look into that,” says Tay.
[www.nst.com.my]

So it's possible that the software may come with spy ware.

Warning, Indonesia scam
[forums.reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login