Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X axis moves double the distance

Posted by cfy7 
X axis moves double the distance
March 05, 2014 08:17PM
My x axis moves double the distance I tell it to move, the y axis goes the correct amount. What am I doing wrong? I'm assuming I messed up the config file so I've attached it.

This is on my I3 Omega, (I3XL) which is a long version of an I3X

Anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 08:39PM by cfy7.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (24 KB)
Re: X axis moves double the distance
March 05, 2014 08:40PM
this line seems set correctly: at least x and y are set the same. verify with your printer design the step sizes.

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,4000,600} // 660 was 760 * 1.1 calibrate
look at ramps board,

Stepper Driver Boards
Jumpers need to be installed under each stepper driver:
jumper Yes/No step size
1 2 3
no no no full step
yes no no half step
no yes no 1/4 step
yes yes no 1/8 step
yes yes yes 1/16 step
For now the default is 1/16 micro stepping

read more info here:[reprap.org]

set x/ and y to same jumper positions, the jumpers are below the pololu stepper driver chip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 08:41PM by jamesdanielv.
March 05, 2014 08:50PM
Good thought, I'll take a look at that when I get a chance in a couple hours. I thought I put all the jumpers in, but maybe one is faulty or I didn't seat it all the way.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll swap the Y axis and the x axis and see if the problem moves to the y axis.

It is exactly double though, I measured after telling it to go 1 cm, and it went 2.
March 05, 2014 11:25PM
You were right James, I missed a jumper.

Thanks!
March 06, 2014 04:49PM
If anyone else in the future runs into this, there is one other potential cause of this to look at as well. I ran into the same thing happening on a formerly working printer. it turns out that one of the NEMA motor wires had actually broken (in my case it was the red wire on a Lulzbot NEMA 17 motor on,y Y axis) that caused the print bed to move twice the distance at twice normal speed, but only in the Y axis direction,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login