Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help configuring Azteeg X3 to use a Thermocouple

Posted by 3DogNate 
Help configuring Azteeg X3 to use a Thermocouple
March 14, 2014 01:25PM
I have an Panucatt Azteeg X3 controller w/ expansion board for my Ord Bot Hadron... I would potentially like to leverage to Thermocouple inputs that are available but there is no documentation on exactly how to implement it in firmware... to actually get it to work... I assume that a standard K-Type is appropriate.

Anyone here already done this so that I can leverage your experience?
Re: Help configuring Azteeg X3 to use a Thermocouple
March 18, 2014 10:15AM
anyone... yoohooo... is this thing on?
Re: Help configuring Azteeg X3 to use a Thermocouple
March 18, 2014 11:21AM
You need to find what chip is doing the amplification on the cover shield, there is no documentation that I could find that describes anything about the cover shield. The only thing on the website saying thermocouple is "Thermocouple, add $6", detailed information doesn't even say thermocouples inputs are there and the wiring diagram has the cover shield and says which two inputs it is. TC1 = A11, TC2 = A4 meaning you use one of those and go to Pins.h in your firmware, find the board you use (67) and adjust these lines to match

#define TEMP_0_PIN 13 // ANALOG NUMBERING
#define TEMP_1_PIN 15 // ANALOG NUMBERING

to

#define TEMP_0_PIN 11 // ANALOG NUMBERING

or

#define TEMP_0_PIN 4 // ANALOG NUMBERING

and then you need to find what chip the board uses, either MAX6675, AD595 or AD597

// -2 is thermocouple with MAX6675 (only for sensor 0)
// -1 is thermocouple with AD595

-2 is of course for the 6675
-1 will work for the AD595 or AD597

and you use these numbers in this area

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1

so for the AD595 or 597 that line would be

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 -1

all the above are settings for Marlin because I can read it with github, the procedure is pretty much the same for Repetier but if you need help with that you will have to wait until I can get home and read the firmware.

Make sure your host reads a realistic temperature before continuing or heating the hotend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2014 11:25AM by tjb1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login