Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flexible/Softer filament?

Posted by naazrael 
Flexible/Softer filament?
January 19, 2014 05:49PM
What flexible filaments are out there? I've seen NinjaFlex and FilaFlex, both seem pretty promising, but I'm wondering if there's anything out there a bit lower on the durometer scale.
Re: Flexible/Softer filament?
January 19, 2014 06:39PM
Maker Geeks sells a soft PLA called Flex EcoPLA. It prints nicely and is about as flexible as a shoe sole.
January 21, 2014 04:50PM
I've never really been stoked about PLA, tbh. Doesn't seem like it would handle outside use very well.

To clarify, I was thinking about 3D printing Nerf dart tips. Not the foam, the tips. So something fairly flexible and soft would be awesome. I think the NinjaFlex would work, if I designed it with a padded head, but something solid would have more weight in the tip and thus fly with more stability.
March 19, 2014 11:47PM
Here is a good test that I found. It might help you: Flexible Filament Tests

Prusa i3 8" (Makerfarm) / Dual Hexagon 0.4 extruder
March 20, 2014 08:23AM
naazrael
I've never really been stoked about PLA, tbh. Doesn't seem like it would handle outside use very well.

To clarify, I was thinking about 3D printing Nerf dart tips. Not the foam, the tips. So something fairly flexible and soft would be awesome. I think the NinjaFlex would work, if I designed it with a padded head, but something solid would have more weight in the tip and thus fly with more stability.

What? You do realize that PLA doesn't breakdown in water and handles weather/sun/outside just as well as ABS. PLA requires temps of 90C+ to breakdown and degrade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login