Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Elmer's Pro Bond adhesive

Posted by Bill Clark 
Elmer's Pro Bond adhesive
April 30, 2014 08:00AM
a thin film spread on blue tape has essentially ended any bed adhesion problems for me for ABS, PLA and even helps with Nylon. It works with heated and unheated bed. A warning though, it works a bit too well with PLA (as in its almost impossible to get the tape off the part) so only use on problem areas. I found this stuff at wally world in the tape/paint section
Re: Elmer's Pro Bond adhesive
April 30, 2014 09:04AM
Hello Bill sounds like your really getting into it and have raced around the learning curve are you happy with the quality of the prints. Post a couple pictures of the prints you've been doing I'd like to see what you have been printing
April 30, 2014 11:53AM
Do you have any problems with it gluing the tap to your prints?

I recently switched from painter's tape with rubbing alcohol to glass with elmers glue stick; I never turning back. (for PLA)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2014 11:53AM by gmh39.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
April 30, 2014 09:26PM
Greg, yes it does stick to the tape. PLA is the worst that's why I mentioned 'problem areas' like corners. I have the Elmers glue stick and that works great too. The glue stick applied to notebook paper on a warm bed also has worked well for me although its a little tricky to get it to lay down. I know many have their own solutions already I just wanted to mention the Pro bond to try. I think it was $5.

CNC, I have a question for you so I will send you a PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login