Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Using Gen6 Electronics with Repetier-Host Mac

Posted by cadebot 
Using Gen6 Electronics with Repetier-Host Mac
May 29, 2014 01:47PM
Hello, I recently recieved some Gen6 electronics and have not yet found a clear guide on how to use it with Repetier. I know I have it plugged in correctly, baud rate is correct, USB port is selected, and the FDTI driver is installed, but when i try to connect it, Repetier gives me "5 commands waiting." On my printrboard, you just reflash the firmware to fix this, but every Gen6 firmware update link i have found either isn't helpful or isn't clear. Please tell me how I can reflash the firmware to my Gen6 from a Mac.

Thanks
Re: Using Gen6 Electronics with Repetier-Host Mac
May 30, 2014 03:48PM
cadebot
Hello, I recently recieved some Gen6 electronics and have not yet found a clear guide on how to use it with Repetier. I know I have it plugged in correctly, baud rate is correct, USB port is selected, and the FDTI driver is installed, but when i try to connect it, Repetier gives me "5 commands waiting." On my printrboard, you just reflash the firmware to fix this, but every Gen6 firmware update link i have found either isn't helpful or isn't clear. Please tell me how I can reflash the firmware to my Gen6 from a Mac.

Thanks

Did you set the correct baudrate in Repetier? This was the case with my board, and correcting it did the job! smiling smiley Good you installed the FTDI drivers, it's something most people say is not neccesary, but in most cases, this solves 90% of the connection issues on mac-based platforms. Especially with Sanguinololu.

However, on my new macbook pro retina with Mavericks (10.9) I didn't even need the FTDI drivers!
Re: Using Gen6 Electronics with Repetier-Host Mac
May 31, 2014 10:05AM
Ohmarinus
cadebot

Thanks

Did you set the correct baudrate in Repetier? This was the case with my board, and correcting it did the job! smiling smiley Good you installed the FTDI drivers, it's something most people say is not neccesary, but in most cases, this solves 90% of the connection issues on mac-based platforms. Especially with Sanguinololu.

However, on my new macbook pro retina with Mavericks (10.9) I didn't even need the FTDI drivers!

Yeah, I know I have the correct baud rate because none of the other baudrates will let me connect to the board. I think the "5 commands waiting" was because it needs a firmware update, an finding out how to do that is my biggest problem right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login