Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with filament feeding into E3D with Wade Extruder

Posted by CptanPanic 
Problem with filament feeding into E3D with Wade Extruder
May 31, 2014 01:10PM
I got a E3D to run on my DIYTechShop i3A, and am having some problems. I get frequently where the filament will not feed, but gets bunched up on the input hole. If I pull it out, I can push the filament through the nozzle manually, but when it runs sometimes this happens. Sometimes at the beginning, sometimes 1hr through. I am using 1.75 ToyBuilderLabs ABS at 255C. Any suggestions?

Re: Problem with filament feeding into E3D with Wade Extruder
May 31, 2014 01:39PM
insert a fish mouthed piece of tubing, about 1/8th" in dia. down the hole. It should bottom on the cone shaped entrance on the E3D. The fishmouthed end should fit in between the bearing and the drive tightly but not touching. make sure the tube is secure so it doesn't move up into the moving parts on retraction. Since the filament has low column strength this gives it support. Now when it strips the filament w/o buckling you'll have to figure out the true cause

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2014 01:41PM by Bill Clark.
May 31, 2014 01:54PM
here is a pic of mine. Better get it quick before takerbot patents itsmiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2014 01:54PM by Bill Clark.
Attachments:
open | download - CIMG3380.JPG (446.3 KB)
May 31, 2014 02:24PM
Bill Clark
here is a pic of mine. Better get it quick before takerbot patents itsmiling bouncing smiley

Where did you get the tube material?
May 31, 2014 05:33PM
at my local hobby shop. K&S is the brand. 1/8"x .015"wall. K&S stock # is 127. You could probably order it online. Ebay would surely have something. An old telescoping antenna could be hacked also
June 01, 2014 05:29PM
I went to the hobby store and found the same copper tubing. I fit it and it seems to be doing the job. Thanks for the idea.
June 01, 2014 10:53PM
no problem
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login