Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installing RepRap software

Posted by terrynbama 
Installing RepRap software
May 31, 2014 10:01PM
I am obviously new to the RepRap forum. I just downloaded and installed RepRap. I am running Windows 7 (64). My computer has Java 7 and Javap JDK 1.8.
After installing I tried running the program via RepRap.bat. The bat file runs, showing no errors and nothing else happens. I check in task mgr and no applications are running.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Installing RepRap software
May 31, 2014 10:04PM
uhh im unfamiliar with reprap.bat, but there really isnt a software that i know of called reprap. usually you would need to install arduino drivers for the microcontroller controlling your printer, download a slic3r such as kisslicer, slic3r, or simplify3d. then you would need soemthing like pronterface/printrun, repetier host, or simplify3d to send the gcode from the slicing software to the microcontroller
May 31, 2014 11:20PM
The program I'm talking about is RepRap Host. It was what was suggested at the RepRap wiki
I'll look into your suggestions. As I mentioned I'm new to this and am trying to learn what need to get started.
June 01, 2014 12:08AM
Out of curiousity, which part of the wiki are you looking at that suggests RepRap Host? Parts of the wiki are pretty terribly out of date... We might need to update it if it's recommending RepRap Host.

The options suggested by isonoob are more modern than RepRap Host. Just FYI, pronterface/printrun has a wiki page here and repetier host has a wiki page here.
June 01, 2014 12:26AM
From the main page at the bottom, click on "Build a TepRap" which takes you to a page with several different versions.
Under the "Prusa Medel" I clicked "How to use "
The next page gives instructions on installing the software.
I was thinking this was old since it was talking about Java 5 & 6. I would prefer something more current as you mentioned. I will certainly look into what has been suggested. Thanks.
June 01, 2014 01:28AM
Wow, yeah. That page is ancient. Note: if you click the "Build a RepRap" link in the main page sidebar instead of at the bottom (we should fix this), it takes you to this page: RepRap Options which is similar to the page you landed on but more up to date... You might find helpful information there too.
June 04, 2014 03:36PM
Hi I just built my prusa i3 and couldn't upload to the board couldn't sus it because I didn't know any better but since then I bought lcd from think3dprint and they sent an how to guide which I followed to the word bang uploaded and now its also stand alone, mine is also a melzi board, hope this helps winking smiley
Attachments:
open | download - Panelolu2_Melzi_HOWTO_draft.pdf (56.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login