Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

plz help

Posted by 3d jamie mitchell 
plz help
June 19, 2014 05:31PM
I have a megatronics 2.0 kit and every time i tap the end stop the bored resets i think i have them hucked up right but maby not also my stepper dont kove just make a noise but i cant move them with my fingers any help would be grate thanks
Re: plz help
June 19, 2014 06:03PM
I'm betting you are using mechical endstops.
Mechanical endstops use only two wires/pins (negative and signal), optical and hall endstops require power, which means a third wire/pin (positive).
If you use the positive and negative pair of pins with a mechanical endstop, you send voltage back into the board triggering a reset. I did the same my first time.

Here is an image showing the proper way to wire them.
[reprap.org]

Also, be sure to wire them normally closed. Ramps are known to be noisy and if wired normally open have been known to trigger false endstop triggering, which confuses the heck out of the system and ruins your print.
June 19, 2014 06:36PM
Also, you cannot move your stepper motors with your fingers. They are 'always on' when the machine is powered. This is so they don't lose position. This is normal.

Not to be wining or anything, but I don't really feel motivated helping people if they don't make a clear title in their topic. If you make up a fitting title, and check spelling in your opening post, there might be a lot more people willing to help smiling smiley Just a tip!

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 19, 2014 09:50PM
Your endstops are not wired correctly. Failure to fix them immediately will result in blowing up your Megatronics board from the short circuit that you are creating.

At this point, I am going to do something cold and declare that I will not be answering any more of your questions until I see evidence that you have learned to use the search feature on this site. Every question that you have asked so far has been discussed ad nauseum in other threads on this site since February, and it is unfair to ask people to spend their time helping you when I have not seen one hint that you have used the search feature to try and help yourself.....
June 19, 2014 10:59PM
Well got the endstops working with all 3 whiers and as far as u go thanks for the help uv given me this far but if u dont whant to help some one that is vary new to this then just (profanity removed).

Moderator note : please take some time to read your posts before clicking submit. Pay some extra attention to try not to be insulting. FYI this is usually not a good way to get more help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 03:51AM by DeuxVis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login