Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need help with terminology and possibly sourcing (Stepper Motor Wires)

Posted by StaticDET5 
I need help with terminology and possibly sourcing (Stepper Motor Wires)
July 05, 2014 08:45AM
I've built a Tri-Colour Mendle. It works pretty well, but my prints are still fuzzy. I just built a cabinet for it, and I'm working on a fan mount for the print.

I'm at the point where I want to start customizing it some more. I really need to change the wiring around a little bit, and maybe move the extruder motors.

I can't find the wiring bundles for the stepper motors. RepRap doesn't sell them by themselves. I've tried searching eBay for a couple of terms and I'm not getting relevant results.. Loom, Bundle, Cable... I can't find the correct term to buy the correct part. Is there anyone out there that has had any luck finding these?

Is there a way to buy them from RepRapPro? I'd much prefer to give them the business (It's overseas for me, but I can wait).
Re: I need help with terminology and possibly sourcing (Stepper Motor Wires)
July 05, 2014 09:31AM
Depends both on the motor and the board. The most common connector is JST. These are the ones I got for my motors, but they aren't a perfect fit on my board, I have to slice off the protruding part that orients and secures the connector as they are too close to each other.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
A2
July 05, 2014 04:30PM
What is the max volt, and amps that these connectors can handle?
Could they handle 70V, 4amps?
July 05, 2014 06:38PM
Sorry.... I guess the motor types would help...

These are the extruder motors on the RepRap Mendel Tri-Colour (Built beginning of June 2014)

The label on the motor:
STEPPER MOTOR
JK42HS34-1334A
Lot No. 201401

I don't know how the connectors are rated.

Again, thanks for any help!
July 06, 2014 05:57AM
StaticDET5
Is there a way to buy them from RepRapPro?

Likely it makes sense to ask RepRapPro. This forum is RepRap, without the "Pro", a distinct institution.

If you want help here, a picture of what you have and/or what you want would likely be a good idea. Never heard that re-cabling a basically working printer would improve print quality, though.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

July 06, 2014 09:59AM
@StaticDET5

You may use this type, perhaps with 6 pins. Don't mind the site url, it was simply convenient for me to loo for the datasheet. Just for info, they are rated 3 amps (250V).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login