Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CAD Model foe Bowden extruder

Posted by eyalad 
CAD Model foe Bowden extruder
August 04, 2014 04:27PM
Hi

I'm looking for a CAD Model foe a Bowden extruder.
Not stl files, i want Step/Solidworks/ProEngineer files.

its hard to work with stl flies ...

Thanks...
Re: CAD Model foe Bowden extruder
August 05, 2014 10:06AM
You are going to have to be more specific. Bowden by definition is anything that uses a tube with remote extruder, what do you want a model of, the tube? FreeCAD can convert STLs to STEP files, Solidworks can also do this.
August 05, 2014 05:58PM
First search result for a bowden extruder on Thingiverse is the Airtripper, which comes with an SCAD file. I'd suggest Thingiverse as your first port of call. Not all of them will have the files you're looking for, but it's a sure bet some will.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
August 07, 2014 02:04AM
look on grabcad.com
August 07, 2014 10:26AM
tjb1
You are going to have to be more specific. Bowden by definition is anything that uses a tube with remote extruder, what do you want a model of, the tube? FreeCAD can convert STLs to STEP files, Solidworks can also do this.

Thanks. this works

All i need is to export from OpenScad, open in FreeCAD and export to step..

I don't understand why would anyone use SCAD...
August 07, 2014 11:12AM
eyalad
tjb1

Thanks. this works

All i need is to export from OpenScad, open in FreeCAD and export to step..

It's free and opensource, I can't stand it and I can't use it. I'll take Inventor any day.
August 07, 2014 05:24PM
Inventor Professional: $7,295
Solid Works: about $43,000
I'm not surprised people use OpenSCAD or FreeCAD.
August 08, 2014 07:11AM
hercek
Inventor Professional: $7,295
Solid Works: about $43,000
I'm not surprised people use OpenSCAD or FreeCAD.

Solidworks is not $43,000, the top tier (Solidworks Premium) is $7,995 which has almost identical features to Inventor Professional. [www.catistore.com]
August 08, 2014 11:12AM
eyalad

I think it's because most people who use OpenSCAD have more of a programmer mindset than a CAD modeler mindset. It says so on the OpenSCAD website: "The Programmers Solid 3D CAD Modeller".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 01:01PM by NormandC.
August 08, 2014 12:56PM
tjb1
Solidworks is not $43,000, the top tier (Solidworks Premium) is $7,995 which has almost identical features to Inventor Professional. [www.catistore.com]
Looks right for residents of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri and Wisconsin.
Anyway: [geekhack.org]
Melvang
For what its worth, the full version with an unlimited duration on the license, including tech support and updates was around $43,000 as of last spring.
I cannot tell since the dudes at solidworks.com do not bother to tell the price grinning smiley
Regardless whether it is 7k or 43k, ... for most home 3D printer users, it just may not even exist at those price points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 12:57PM by hercek.
August 08, 2014 02:06PM
I use Solidworks, although im a designer by trade so natually I dont have to pay for it.
I think it was about 6-7k for my package with Simulation.
August 08, 2014 03:21PM
hercek
tjb1
Looks right for residents of Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri and Wisconsin.
Anyway: [geekhack.org]
Melvang
For what its worth, the full version with an unlimited duration on the license, including tech support and updates was around $43,000 as of last spring.
I cannot tell since the dudes at solidworks.com do not bother to tell the price grinning smiley
Regardless whether it is 7k or 43k, ... for most home 3D printer users, it just may not even exist at those price points.

You are talking about a lifetime subscription which is not needed and is a scam in my view, bugs should be fixed anyway, not require a paid subscription to get updates to fix them. You can go buy the Premium level for $8k and happily use that the rest of your life provided you keep it on compatible operating systems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login