Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waterjet service in Seattle

Posted by Miertam 
Waterjet service in Seattle
September 04, 2014 10:05AM
I have some aluminum plates I would like cut into a Prusa i3 frame. Has anyone in Seattle used any of the local machine shops for waterjet cutting? I can try someone blind but I would prefer a reference.

Thanks Mike.
Re: Waterjet service in Seattle
September 04, 2014 03:59PM
i did use someone in the seatle area but i was not direct contact but i will try to find info and post it here ...
i do have a couple pictures as well i will try to find and post...
September 05, 2014 01:20AM
Try Hydroslice or Pegasus down in Kent. It will likely be over US$100 for a one off, perhaps closer to $200 depending on minimums and set up. If it's under $100 it's a good deal for a one off. I use either a Flow Mach 2 or Mach 3 depending on which Techshop I'm in at the time. On .250 6061-T6 it takes about 23 mins to cut a frame and bed with the bed nested inside the frame. Most of the time is spent on the bed and piercing the holes. The bed has shorter lines and more turns so the machine isn't able to ramp to full speed on short paths . The square bit of the main frame is pretty easy and cuts fast. On .250 AL I haven't found too much difference in speed running at 60% machine speed compared to 100%. In my experience anything .250 and thinner won't see any appreciable difference in cutting speed.
September 05, 2014 03:01AM
Thanks I was looking at Hydroslice right before I checked back here. I assumed there would be a setup fee of some kind. I will give them both a call and get a quotes. If it's reasonable I think I have enough aluminum for a couple single sheet printers or one with buttresses.

Thanks again Mike
September 05, 2014 06:16PM
I am in seattle.. I have an i3 9x9x12 printer for sale $600 with power supply and lcd screen. Bought from diytechshop.com
September 05, 2014 07:56PM
image420
I am in seattle.. I have an i3 9x9x12 printer for sale $600 with power supply and lcd screen. Bought from diytechshop.com

While I am in the market for a i3. $600 is a bit steep for a used printer.

Thanks Mike
September 06, 2014 03:23AM
If you dont mind, after you get your work done can you post a price? the local Spokane shops are giving me really high quotes for some of my projects and I am over that way often enough if the saving is worth it.....

~Kyo
September 06, 2014 05:22AM
Not used, all put together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 03:54PM by image420.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login