Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIRST LAYER PRINT

Posted by sAyin 
FIRST LAYER PRINT
October 07, 2014 05:33PM
Hi I'm having problems printing with my prusa I3

Just as the printer is about to print the 2nd layer, it begin printing the 2nd layer in middle of the 1st layer, therefore I get duplicate prints.

Anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks in advance
Re: FIRST LAYER PRINT
October 07, 2014 05:59PM
Belt could be slipping,
Stepper could be over/under powered,
Acceleration in firmware too high,
Pinion gear not secured on Stepper shaft.

In your slicer you can set different types speeds for different types of move. This could be the travel move, which is usually set very fast, making the system skip a step and think it is in a different position. Depending on your model the first time you see a travel move may be starting layer 2.
October 07, 2014 10:25PM
Hi thanks for the reply.

What travel speed would you recommend?

Thanks
October 08, 2014 12:34AM
I tried printing at 40 travel speed but still no luck

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 01:50AM by sAyin.
October 08, 2014 07:39AM
It will likely be one of the other things on the list, unfortunately it's a long list, so there's a few things to check.

Check your belts, how tight do they feel? They should be taut.

Make sure the pulley gears on the motors are screwed on properly.

Power on the machine, home all the axis, move them a little (Do all this in Pronterface or Repetier, etc). With it all still on see if there is movement in the X carriage or the bed. They should refuse to move.

Did you compile up your own version of Marlin? I'm assuming Marlin running on RAMPS, but please confirm. If yes, what are your accelleration settings? Set them to 1500 or 1000 for X and Y and re-upload. If you didn't compile your own firmware, there are some M codes you can enter which will print the settings so at least we can see them. M202??? ANYONE REMEMBER?

How big is the item you are trying to print?

Finally, can you provide a photo of the problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login