Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modified Marlin + Pronterface + G1 Z1

Posted by MatusisDrake 
Modified Marlin + Pronterface + G1 Z1
October 08, 2014 02:11PM
Hi, I've modified my firmware by following ZennmasterM's guide and everything appears to be working except when I manually try and move the Z axis in pronterface using 'G1 Z10'. The motors start to turn, about 1/8" of a rotation, then hum for a few seconds, then turn another 1/8th of a rotation, then stop. When I check their position using M114, pronterface returns saying it is at Z10. I can use the buttons in pronterface to move it up and down and G28 moves all of the motors fine. I've increased my voltage on the Z driver from 0.4V to 0.5V to 0.6V which hasn't helped. I've dropped the DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE from {250, 250, 2, 22} to {250, 250, 1, 22}, again, hasn't helped. I've checked my physical connections and everything looks fine. I've downgraded the firmware to the regular MakerFarm 8" i3v and moving the Z axis using 'G1 Z10' works perfectly. I've attached my configuration file here, everything else was downloaded yesterday from ErikZalm's Marlin github.

I don't know what to troubleshoot next.

All in hopes of one day getting auto bed leveling working confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2014 02:13PM by MatusisDrake.
Re: Modified Marlin + Pronterface + G1 Z1
October 09, 2014 09:43PM
Have placed all the bridges under the drivers? If you have none, your firmware might think you are at 1/16 micro stepping.

You mention changing input voltage, it not voltage. Because voltage is 12v.
You want to adjust the amp input. Spin clockwise until motor hums.
Hhhuuuummmmmm.... (<--- like this) then dial it back anticlockwise. Until the humming is gone and motor is spinning well.

Motors are like 1.5amps each.
And you probably have 2 zmotors for 1x driver.
So power (amp) output must supply enough to power the both motors.

But yes. Check the firmware for the correct steps. Make sure its calculated with your leadscrew diameter and pitch. Etc. Etc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login