Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fan not working on Prusa i3 with ramps 1.4

Posted by Giveitall1 
Fan not working on Prusa i3 with ramps 1.4
December 22, 2014 08:44PM
Hey guys,

I'm running my printer with the ramps 1.4m, using slic3r through repetier-host V1.0.6 and I have wired up my fan (40mm 12v) to D9 on the boardbut it's not working at all. Doesn't start when activated on Slic3r and doesn't start when printing or bridging. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Some photos:

Here's a clip from my code (configuration h.)

#define NUM_EXTRUDER 1
#define MOTHERBOARD 33

#include "pins.h"

// ################## EDIT THESE SETTINGS MANUALLY ################
// ################ END MANUAL SETTINGS ##########################

#define FAN_PIN HEATER_2_PIN
#define FAN_BOARD_PIN -1

Kind regards,
Luke

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2014 08:49PM by Giveitall1.
Re: Fan not working on Prusa i3 with ramps 1.4
December 23, 2014 01:15PM
I am having the same issue, i just installed my new e3d v6 hot end and i cant get the fan running
Re: Fan not working on Prusa i3 with ramps 1.4
December 23, 2014 06:33PM
Govahnator
I am having the same issue, i just installed my new e3d v6 hot end and i cant get the fan running

You are both having two separate issues. The e3d fan that connects to the hot end itself should be on all the time. There is a dedicated pair of pins just below the first stepper driver above the two big fuse things.

For the fan attached to D9, download Repetier (as I can't remember how to do it in pronterface) and use the slider I've highlighted below when connected to the printer. The fan should come on at anywhere between 0 and 50pc along the slider.

If it doesn't, few things to try,
With a multimeter check you've got voltage coming out of D9
Try reversing the wires on the fan
After that it's going to be a look in Marlin. YOu need to find the section in pins.h related to motherboard 33 and in that section (and only in that section look for the fan_pin setting. Should be 9.

This is what mine says.
  #if MOTHERBOARD == 33 || MOTHERBOARD == 35 || MOTHERBOARD == 67 || MOTHERBOARD == 68
    #define FAN_PIN            9 // (Sprinter config)
Attachments:
open | download - fan.jpg (88.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login